S&A is seeking enthusiastic and qualified applicants for a paid summer internship to support the Engineering and Landscape Architecture team. This opportunity will work directly with both Civil Engineers and Landscape Architects. Interested candidates should have completed junior year of a bachelor’s program in either civil engineering or landscape architecture.
Interested candidates should have the following:
- Ability and interest to work within an office environment and at outdoor, active job sites.
- Drafting experience with AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Civil 3D is a plus.
- Interest in Stormwater is a plus.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, with frequent direction from Project Managers.
- Willingness to work hard and ask questions.
Typical Duties/Essential Functions
Is assigned to project teams, does not make design decisions but is encouraged to engage in the process and make recommendations.
- Serves as a field technician during construction: Performs site visits and observes construction, reporting back to the Project Manager with any questions or concerns. Does not provide direction to the contractor.
- Performs inspections of existing stormwater facilities under the direction of the Project Manager, documents field observations.
- May perform calculations or design under the supervision of the Project Manager.
- Performs basic CAD drafting.
- May assist in preparing reports and permit applications for the approval of the Project Manager.
- Will be assigned portions of projects to gain experience in site design.
One position will be offered and will be determined by the candidate who best fits both qualifications and overall fit with the team.