Stevens & Associates is always interested in talented professionals who value historic preservation, downtown revitalization and understand the necessity of economic growth for our communities. If you would like to work with a team of architects, engineers, designers, and developers, who contribute to projects that integrate traditional architecture and urban design, please visit S&A’s Values & Activities to learn more about our team.
Our offices are in downtown Brattleboro, Vermont, located at the intersection of Vermont, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts, and provide services to the tri-state area. Our studios overlook Main Street and the Connecticut River with easy access to shopping, restaurants, a vibrant arts & entertainment community, local breweries, as well as outdoor activities including kayaking, canoeing, hiking, and skiing at nearby mountains. Conveniently Brattleboro is on the Amtrak Vermonter line with easy connections to Manhattan and Montreal.
Current Open Positions at S&A:
Summer Internship -or- Entry Level Engineer/Landscape Architect
S&A is seeking qualified applicants for a paid internship or full time entry level position to support the civil engineering and site development team. This opportunity will work directly with both Civil Engineers and Landscape Architects. Interested candidates should have the following:
Intern candidates: Completed junior year of a bachelor’s program in either civil engineering or landscape architecture
Entry Level candidates: Completed bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or landscape architecture
- Ability and interest to work within an office environment and at outdoor, active job sites
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Drafting experience with AutoCAD, knowledge of Civil 3D preferred
- Familiarity with land planning and site design
- Knowledge with grading, drainage, and utility design
- A basic understanding of environmental permit applications
- Interest in Stormwater a plus
One position will be offered. Internship or Entry Level status will be determined by the candidate that best fits both qualifications AND overall fit with the team.
Licensed Project Architect/Project Manager
S&A is seeking an energetic, licensed architect to join our growing team at our Brattleboro, Vermont office. This full time position will research, design, and lead the construction documents preparation that comply with applicable building codes, building practices, and standards.
- Creation of conceptual designs with a team approach
- Generating of construction documents
- Ensuring that designs comply with regulatory and code requirements
- Keeping current with building codes and building practices
- Maintaining knowledge/proficiency of Revit and Photoshop
- Sharing ideas and problem solving in a team environment
- Collaborating with in-house and consulting engineers
- Providing construction administration services
- Project management duties
- 5 year-Bachelor Degree or a Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Licensed Architect
- 10 years of professional architectural experience in commercial projects
- Working knowledge of SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite-particularly Photoshop is preferred
- Deep understanding of how to produce project documents from schematic design through construction detailing and administration. Using Revit is essential.
This position is full time and requires an organized individual with excellent communication skills to manage the structural projects and the support staff of an active and growing firm. Job requirements include:
- Management and Design of residential, commercial and institutional buildings.
- Oversee structural support staff including associate engineers and structural technician.
- Conduct weekly production/project staff meetings.
- Support principals of company with complete and accurate project updates weekly.
- Work closely with clients, contractors, and the S&A staff.
- BSCE required.
- Professional registration.
- 6+ years of structural experience.
- Knowledge of wood framed structures, steel, concrete, masonry and seismic building design required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– – – – –
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including flextime. Please email your cover letter and resume to: Betsey Brackett – email@example.com.
Smart Design for Livable Communities — Stevens & Associates is a fully integrated, award-winning design firm.