Stevens & Associates is always interested in talented professionals who value historic preservation, downtown revitalization and understand the necessity of economic growth for our communities. If you would like to work with a team of architects, engineers, designers, and developers, who contribute to projects that integrate traditional architecture and urban design, please visit S&A’s Values & Activities to learn more about our team.
Our offices are in downtown Brattleboro, Vermont, located at the intersection of Vermont, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts, and provide services to the tri-state area. Our studios overlook Main Street and the Connecticut River with easy access to shopping, restaurants, a vibrant arts & entertainment community, local breweries, as well as outdoor activities including kayaking, canoeing, hiking, and skiing at nearby mountains. Conveniently Brattleboro is on the Amtrak Vermonter line with easy connections to Manhattan and Montreal.
Current Open Positions at S&A:
S&A is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant to provide administrative support for the Executive Team. This individual is expected to foster a collaborative work environment while balancing the needs of internal staff with senior leadership. It is essential that this person exercises excellent judgment and discretion when interacting with others and managing information. The ideal candidate is professional, organized, able to multi-task, and has strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Support Executive Team with day to day administration that successfully meets organizational goals and responsibilities
- Managing Executive Team visitors, emails and phone calls using the highest level of discretion, sense of timing and propriety
- Handle administrative and personal items as needed, including but not limited to: travel arrangements, expense reports, special projects, filing, and meeting preparation. Create and maintain Executive’s filing system
- Execute minutes of partner-related meetings; ensure action items are followed through to completion
- Participate in the coordination of special events and employee relations activities on an as-needed basis
- Ensure and maintain confidentiality of all appropriate communications and documentation
- Coordinate and interact with others at all levels of the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- HS diploma and a minimum of 5 years working in a professional office environment supporting senior management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General knowledge of office equipment (phones, photo copier, computers, postage machines, etc.)
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong organizational skills; able to adapt to shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- High level of professionalism and attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Demonstrate a professional, positive, and collaborative attitude
This position is full time and requires an organized individual with excellent communication skills to manage the structural projects and the support staff of an active and growing firm. Job requirements include:
- Management and Design of residential, commercial and institutional buildings.
- Oversee structural support staff including associate engineers and structural technician.
- Conduct weekly production/project staff meetings.
- Support principals of company with complete and accurate project updates weekly.
- Work closely with clients, contractors, and the S&A staff.
- BSCE required.
- Professional registration.
- 6+ years of structural experience.
- Knowledge of wood framed structures, steel, concrete, masonry and seismic building design required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including flextime. Please email your cover letter and resume to: Betsey Brackett – firstname.lastname@example.org.
S&A works closely with M&S Development to provide guidance, deal structuring, and technical support to clients wishing to develop projects with social and economic benefits in economically distressed communities. M&S currently has an open position for a Development Manager. For more information click HERE.
Smart Design for Livable Communities — Stevens & Associates is a fully integrated, award-winning design firm.