Stevens & Associates is always interested in talented professionals who value historic preservation, downtown revitalization, and understand the necessity of economic growth for our communities. If you would like to work with a team of architects, engineers, designers, and developers who contribute to projects that integrate traditional architecture and urban design, please visit our Values & Activities page to learn more about our team and company culture.
Our offices are conveniently located in downtown Brattleboro, Vermont, with New Hampshire and Massachusetts just minutes away. An inviting work environment in a historic building overlooks Main Street and the Connecticut River, providing you with easy access to shopping, restaurants, a vibrant arts and entertainment community, local breweries, and many outdoor activities including kayaking, canoeing, hiking, and skiing at nearby mountains. Brattleboro is on the Amtrak Vermonter line with easy connections to Manhattan and Montreal.
Current Open Positions at S&A:
This position is full time and requires an organized individual with excellent communication skills to manage the structural projects and the support staff of an active and growing firm. Job requirements include:
- Management and Design of residential, commercial and institutional buildings.
- Oversee structural support staff including associate engineers and structural technician.
- Conduct weekly production/project staff meetings.
- Support principals of company with complete and accurate project updates weekly.
- Work closely with clients, contractors, and the S&A staff.
- BSCE required.
- Professional registration.
- 6+ years of structural experience.
- Knowledge of wood framed structures, steel, concrete, masonry and seismic building design required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including flextime. Please email your cover letter and resume, with “Structural Engineer Position” in the subject heading to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Smart Design for Livable Communities — Stevens & Associates is a fully integrated, award-winning design firm.