S&A has a robust pipeline of exciting and varied projects across the state of Vermont and the greater New England region. To support this work, we are recruiting for qualified and experienced Architectural Staff members with a passion for design, collaboration, and community to join our growing team of creative, flexible, curious problem-solvers.
Each position reports to the Project Architects who work under the supervision and direction of the Architectural Team Leader. The ideal candidates can perform a variety of assignments requiring fundamental skills in all aspects of architectural design, documentation, and construction administration. These team members will work collaboratively with others to develop and execute the design through BIM models, drawings and construction documents, collaborate and coordinate with clients, consultants and contractors, and assist the team in responding to construction phase submittals and overseeing the progress of construction.
- Responsible for the creation of project BIM models, design drawings, and construction documents through all phases of the design and construction process, with input from the Project Architect
- Work with the design team to develop the design concept and coordinate architectural, structural, and MEP systems and elements to support the design
- Responsible for the creation of advanced design images including photo-realistic rendering, photomontage, rendered plans and elevations
- Assist the Project Architect in researching materials, finishes, and construction assemblies and gathering necessary information to develop details and specifications
- Navigate and research regulatory and code requirements and incorporate into the design to ensure compliance
- BA in Architecture or completion of non-accredited Architecture or Architectural Technology program
- 3 to 5 years of professional architectural or related work experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience using Revit BIM platform in an office to produce construction drawings
- Proficient in Revit, Adobe and MS Office (Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Familiarity with SketchUp, Formit, Rhino, or 3D Studio Max would be a plus
- Ability to read and understand building plans, technical diagrams, sketches and shop drawings for Architectural work and related disciplines
- Possesses foundational knowledge in construction practices, technology, and detailing
- Possesses foundational knowledge in architectural design, production of construction documentation, and the construction administration process
- Prior knowledge and hands-on experience with the rehabilitation or renovation of aging and/or historic industrial and commercial buildings is a plus
- Deep curiosity and creativity, and a drive to solve problems and improve and simplify designs, systems, and processes
- Personal passion for and commitment to the enduring vitality of historic New England buildings and communities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, responsive and timely communicator with team members and clients
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and maintain organization in a dynamic environment
- Professional demeanor and conduct, exercises good judgment and represents the firm with integrity
If you are looking for long-term career growth, professional responsibility, and meaningful employment within a fun, energetic, and diverse organization that values its people tremendously, we hope you will consider joining our team. Please email your cover letter, resume and portfolio (PDF) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Arch Staff Level I” in subject heading.
S&A offers a competitive salary commensurate with the level of experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package. Stevens & Associates is a Veteran-owned company and an equal opportunity employer.