S&A and M&S have a robust pipeline of exciting and varied projects across Vermont and the greater New England region. To support this work, we are recruiting for a qualified and experienced Project Coordinator with a passion for design, collaboration, and community to join our growing team of creative, flexible, curious problem-solvers.
The Project Coordinator will provide administrative and communication assistance to prime designers to help manage projects or teams. At any one time, the Coordinator may work with only one discipline (ex. Architecture) or be the single point of coordination on a project for all disciplines of the companies.
This position will work for the designers in responsible charge for each project. This team member will work collaboratively with other members of project teams, clients, consultants, and contractors to coordinate project tasks to meet deadlines and milestones for the project. The Project Coordinator must be familiar with all aspects of the project, and ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards. The work will be fast paced and will require a motivated and highly organized person.
- Assist Project Managers in coordination of project management activities, resources, equipment, and information
- Assist in the preparation of project budgets, proposals and AIA contracts
- Assist Project Manager in creating and maintaining project schedule
- Assist with preparation of permit applications and supporting documentation
- Prepare administrative portions of Act 250 and local zoning permit applications, coordinate technical responses from design team and integrate into permit application
- Complete administrative portions of and coordinate technical permits such as Construction General Permit, VTrans 1111, Water and Wastewater Permit, Wetlands, Stream Alternation Permit, and Army Corps Permit
- Prepare specifications with guidance from design team
- Assist with bidding and negotiation
- Assist Project Manager in coordinating project sub-consultants
- Assist design teams with construction administration
- Assist with change order proposals
- Assist Project Manager with project invoicing, both for sub-consultants and client
- Order, pick up and deliver, drawings, permit applications, responses to RFPs, etc
- Track and maintain current code books
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports; maintain organized project files, both digital and hard copies
REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS
Education and Professional Experience
- Associates Degree in Construction Management or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of proven experience with similar role and responsibilities
- Project Management program certification is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong working knowledge of Procore preferred
- Hands-on experience with project management tools
- Experience using MindView is a plus
- Design and/or construction background is a plus
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, responsive and timely communicator with team members and clients
- Ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules, and step-by-step action plans
- Strong organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Ability to prioritize and maintain organization in a dynamic environment
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance/control
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Personal passion for and commitment to the enduring vitality of historic New England buildings and communities
- Deep curiosity and creativity, a drive to solve problems and improve and simplify designs, systems, and processes
- Professional demeanor and conduct, exercises good judgment and represents the firm with integrity
If you are looking for long-term career growth, professional responsibility, and meaningful employment within a fun, energetic, and diverse organization that values its people tremendously, we hope you will consider joining our team. Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
S&A offers a competitive salary commensurate with the level of experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package. Stevens & Associates is a Veteran-owned company and an equal opportunity employer.