We seek a finance manager/senior accountant who embraces new challenges, values being part of a team, and is looking for diverse work experience. The finance manager/senior accountant will provide financial and administrative management for S&A and several of its related companies. This position will report directly to the CFO and will have primary responsibility for S&A’s accounting, financial statement preparation, and month-end close activities.
These responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for month-end closing process, including bank reconciliations, financial statement preparation, budget to actual analysis
- Work with CFO to finalize implementation of accounting and financial reporting modules in CORE
- Work with CFO to improve classification of revenue/expenses and create accurate monthly reporting packages
- Work with CFO in developing tools to report financial results by team
- Coordinate with project managers in preparing and issuing project invoices at the end of every month
- Work with current staff member in monitoring accounts receivable balances
- Reconcile client retainers monthly
- Work with current staff member in processing accounts payable
- Work with current staff in streamlining employee reimbursement and credit card payments
- Manage receipt, approval and payment process for subcontractor invoices.
- Implement procedures to streamline 1099 reporting process at year-end
In addition to S&A, this individual’s role will eventually expand to include the accounting functions and financial statement preparation for other related companies, including M&S Development and its real estate projects.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- a minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, preferably in an architecture or engineering firm
- a general understanding of US GAAP
- a strong understanding of financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow)
- strong critical thinking skills
- a demonstrated ownership of tasks/project deliverables with the ability to manage multiple entities throughout the year
- a proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, specifically Excel
- excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- good work ethic, strong organizational and analytical skills
The exceptional candidate will also have experience in any of the following areas: project management, tax, compliance reporting, payroll/HR, and/or property management accounting.
CPA is highly desirable.
S&A offers a competitive salary commensurate with the level of experience. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous employer contribution to health insurance, paid time off (starting at 3 weeks), paid holidays, 401(k) with 3% employer contribution, health savings accounts, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and the opportunity to work remotely on a part-time basis each week.
If you are looking for long-term career growth, professional responsibility, and meaningful employment within a fun, energetic, and diverse organization that values its people tremendously, we hope you will consider joining our team. Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Finance Manager/Senior Accountant” in subject heading.
Stevens & Associates is a Veteran-owned company and an equal opportunity employer.