S&A has a robust pipeline of exciting and varied projects across the state of Vermont and the greater New England region. To support this work, we are recruiting for qualified and experienced Architectural professionals with a passion for design, collaboration, and community to join our growing team of creative, flexible, curious problem-solvers.
This position reports to Project Architects who work under the supervision and direction of the architectural Team Leader. The ideal candidate possesses demonstrated experience in production of construction documentation, coordination of consultant work and regulatory agency requirements, an understanding of how a project moves from conception to delivery, and the ability to proactively navigate and organize that process. The successful applicant will work collaboratively with a project team, identify, and delegate or perform tasks, and coordinate with the design team and consultants to create a coordinated set of construction documents. This position is also responsible for ongoing design and technical development of projects.
- Responsible for production of design deliverables and construction documentation through all phases of the design process, with input from the Project Architect
- Ensure that designs comply with regulatory and code requirements applicable to the project
- Assist Project Architect in developing and meeting project schedule and budgetPerform reviews of design deliverables and construction documentation, create “Redlines” for production staff, and identify and delegate tasks necessary to move the project and deliverables forward
- Perform reviews of design deliverables and construction documentation, create “Redlines”
for production staff, and identify and delegate tasks necessary to move the project and deliverables forward
- Assist Project Architect in organizing and distributing project documents and deliverables through all phases
- Assist the Project Architect in researching materials, finishes, and construction assemblies, and gathering necessary information to develop details and specifications
- Assist the Project Architect in Construction Administration tasks including responding to RFI’s, resolving problematic field conditions, and issuing sketches, directives, and change-orders
- Responsible for ongoing adherence to BIM / Documentation standards and best-practices
- BA or MA in Architecture, or completion of non-accredited Architecture or Architectural Technology program
- Minimum 6 years of experience focused on production of construction documents
- 4+ years of experience with commercial, institutional, and multi-family housing construction projects
- Proficient in Revit, Adobe and MS Office (Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Familiarity with SketchUp, Formit, Rhino, or 3D Studio Max would be a plus
- Possesses foundational knowledge of MEP, Structural, and Fire Protection systems and demonstrated experience coordinating building systems to integrate effectively with the design
- Possesses deep knowledge in construction practices, building science, technology, and detailing
- Possesses deep knowledge in architectural design, production of construction documentation, and the construction administration process
- Prior knowledge and hands-on experience with the rehabilitation or renovation of aging and/or historic industrial and commercial buildings is desirable
- Ability to multi‐task, prioritize and maintain organization in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, responsive and timely communicator with team members and clients
- Deep curiosity and creativity, and a drive to solve problems and improve and simplify designs, systems, and processes
- Personal passion for and commitment to the enduring vitality of historic New England buildings and communities
- Professional demeanor and conduct, exercises good judgment and represents the firm with integrity
If you are looking for long-term career growth, professional responsibility, and meaningful employment within a fun, energetic, and diverse organization that values its people tremendously, we hope you will consider joining our team. Please email your cover letter, resume and portfolio (PDF) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Arch Staff Level II” in subject heading.
S&A offers a competitive salary commensurate with the level of experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package. Stevens & Associates is a Veteran-owned company and an equal opportunity employer.