Estey Organ Company – Brattleboro, VT
Stevens & Associates, P.C. performed a structural assessment and conceptual renovation design for converting the abandoned Estey Organ Company manufacturing space to offices and residences. Buildings number 7 & 8 (now 130 Birge St.) of the historic Estey Organ Company factory were constructed in 1872 and 1873, respectively. In 1906-7, the two buildings were joined and a fourth floor was added. The building now displays a 100 foot façade with 14 bays along Birge Street.
The first floor of the building had already been renovated when Stevens & Associates, P.C. began their assessment, which meant that new construction would have to follow the existing load paths and would have to bolster the lower framing with minimal disruption or impact.
- Landscape Architecture and Planning
- Structural Engineering